Templestowe Park is fortunate to be located in a large and spacious school ground. There is ample room within the four main buildings and the outside play spaces for children and adults to interact as well as work and play together in comfort.
Some of the facilities in which we are proud of include:
- two large school ovals.
- year-specific playground equipment.
- specific prep playground to encourage ‘play’ and interaction between prep students.
- newly installed synthetic turf playground areas, ideal for our sports program and outdoor play. This area won its category in the 2019 Sports and Play Industry Association (SAPIA) awards and includes junior basketball towers, ideal for our younger students.
- asphalt courts for netball, basketball, bat tennis and other sports.
- shaded areas (under trees and/or shade sails).
- award winning school hall. This is used for assemblies, evening functions, special events, incursions and indoor physical education activities.
- the Dr Scott Ayton STEM Room. This new facility allows grades to have a unique room to work within for a Science based program or to use the kitchen facilities to learn in a ‘hands on’ approach.
- brand new interactive playground including climbing ropes and sandpit.
- Award winning outdoor performing area with a unique, ‘colonial’ look.
- A ‘Prep Precinct’ where prep students enjoy their first year of school in their own setting complete with covered decking area allowing interaction between the grades for a range of activities. The other grades are also clustered together in either our main building or our new Grade 5 & 6 building.
- undercover multi purpose / canteen area. This area is used for assemblies, indoor physical education activities including gymnastics as well as providing an indoor area for over the counter canteen sales at recess and lunch times.
- modern grade 5 and 6 building including kitchenettes, school library and conference rooms.
- designated STEM, Art and Performing Arts rooms.