Templestowe Park is fortunate to be located in a large and spacious school ground. There is ample room within the four main buildings and the outside play spaces for children and adults to interact as well as work and play together in comfort.
Some of the facilities in which we are proud of include:
- two large school ovals.
- year-specific playground equipment.
- specific prep playground to encourage ‘play’ and interaction between prep students.
- asphalt courts for netball, basketball, bat tennis and other sports.
- shaded areas (under trees and/or shade sails).
- award winning school hall. This is used for assemblies, evening functions, special events such as the Dance Program, incursions and indoor physical education activities.
- the Discovery Room. This new facility allows grades to have a unique room to work within for a Science based program or to use the kitchen facilities to learn in a ‘hands on’ approach.
- Award winning outdoor performing area with a unique, ‘colonial’ look.
- A ‘Prep Precinct’ where prep students enjoy their first year of school in their own setting complete with covered decking area allowing interaction between the grades for a range of activities. The other grades are also clustered together in either our main building or our new Grade 5 & 6 building.
- undercover multi purpose / canteen area. This area is used for assemblies, indoor physical education activities including gymnastics as well as providing an indoor area for over the counter canteen sales at recess and lunch times.
- modern grade 5 and 6 building including kitchenettes, school library and conference rooms.
- designated Science, Art, Chinese (Mandarin) and Performing Arts rooms.