On top of the core curriculum consisting of not only Literacy and Numeracy, but also Science, The Arts, Physical Education and Technology, Templestowe Park also offers a range of additional programs that are ongoing or implemented in blocks. These include:
- a weekly chess program for interested students. Not only is chess fun and exciting, it develops skills such as; problem solving, forward planning, lateral, logical and sequential thinking as well as memory, visualisation and verbalisation.
- an instrumental music program. Families can arrange private music lessons for guitar, piano / keyboard and piano accordion.
- the annual talent quest show where students are given the opportunity to showcase their unique talents to an eager audience of parents and the general school community.
- being chosen to represent the school on one of our debating teams. Templestowe Park was fortunate enough to host the 2019 Regional Debating Day. This is an annual event that allows students to hone their persuasive skills and become actively involved in a formal discussion on relevant topics that influence their everyday life.
- various lunchtime interest groups such computer sessions, storytelling in the library and talent quests.