TPPS At A Glance
We believe Templestowe Park Primary School has a lot to offer when considering which school is suitable for your child. The information on this page offers a ‘snapshot’ of our school. More details on the information below can be located throughout our site. For specific information in regard to Prep Enrolment, please visit the page located in the Parent Information section.
Where is TPPS located and how large is the student population?
The school is located at 399 Church Rd Templestowe and has a current enrolment of around 570.
Our School Zone
Students residing in this zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
The Department provides guidance through the School Placement Policyto ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations.
What are the school’s aims and priorities?
Templestowe Park aspires to develop the ‘whole child’ by planning and implementing a balanced curriculum. This means that there is a strong emphasis on not only Literacy and Numeracy, but also Science, The Arts, Physical Education and Technology.
What special activities are offered to cater for the special needs of Prep students?
Templestowe Park recognises how very important and exciting the first year of school is for all students (and parents, too!)
- Before the prep year starts, prospective preps are invited to take part in a transition program at the school which begins with sessions during term 4.
- In the first few days of the prep year, all preps are paired up with a Grade 5 student. This gives them a special friend to look out for them in the school ground, and someone to work with in various combined activities during grade prep.
- The prep students’ uniform includes an orange hat. All students know that when they see a child wearing an orange hat in the school ground, they are one of our youngest friends.
- Perceptual Motor Program (PMP) is another feature of our prep program. This weekly activity gives the preps an opportunity to participate in a variety of activities that aid mental and physical development.
What other specialist programs are offered?
The curriculum also includes STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths), Health and Physical Education, Performing Arts (Drama & Music), Visual Arts and Chinese for all students.
What facilities does the school have available to students?
Templestowe Park is fortunate to be located in large and spacious school grounds. Some of the facilities of which we are proud include:
- two large school ovals.
- year-specific playground equipment.
- specific prep playground to encourage ‘play’ and interaction between prep students.
- aphalt courts for netball, basketball, bat tennis and other sports.
- a state-of-the-art synthetic turf playing ground for sporting activities.
- award winning school hall. This is used for assemblies, evening functions, and special events such as incursions and indoor physical education activities.
- the Dr Scott Ayton STEM Discover Room. This new facility allows grades to have a unique room to work within for a STEM (Science) based program or to use the kitchen facilities to learn in a ‘hands on’ approach.
- newly built interactive playground.
- an award winning outdoor performing area with a unique, ‘colonial’ look.
- a ‘Prep Precinct’ where prep students enjoy their first year of school in their own setting complete with covered decking area allowing interaction between the grades for a range of activities.
- modern grade 5 and 6 building including kitchenettes, school library and conference rooms.
Does the school develop confidence and self-esteem?
A group of students whose self-esteem is regularly encouraged will seek to further improve their skills and knowledge through more active participation in all aspects of the educational program. Using the program ‘Bounce Back’ and our pastoral care program RRIPO directly promote student well being.
How important is achievement? How is achievement promoted?
Achievement is central to everything we do at Templestowe Park. This includes, amongst others:
- academic achievement
- artistic achievement
- sporting achievement
- behavioural achievement
Does the school have “straight” year level grades or composite classes?
Where possible, Templestowe Park has a school structure of single grade level classes.
Does the school offer before and after school care?
Yes. Before-school care commences at 7:00am each weekday. After-school care is available until 6:00pm each evening.
Please take the time to take a thorough look through the website to assist in gathering as much information as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact the school if we can help in any possible way.
Please click on the icon below to download our enrolment form and further information.
Parent Information Handbook